Careers: Associate – (Junior & Senior Levels)
JOB DESCRIPTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
Associates are integral members of the client service team and are responsible for the day-to-day accounting and operations for a portfolio of assigned clients. Associates work closely with the other members of the firm to ensure accurate client-specific accounting and financial administration. In addition to reviewing and processing Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable, making journal entries, and working with budgets, Associates also prepare financial statements (including cash flow reports) and get involved with forecasting, financial statement analysis, tax coordination, and estate administration.
- Manage the full cycle of books and records for assigned clients, including accounting for and reporting on small businesses, planes, boats, investments, real estate, and other assets.
- Prepare bank reconciliations and vendor reports, identify issues and work with team members for resolution.
- Full responsibility for the bill pay process for assigned clients to ensure accuracy and completeness, including following up on missing invoices and identifying when accounts require funding
- Properly record journal entries for full balance sheet and income statement activity. Accurately capture balance sheet items and identify tax deductible expenses.
- Download, record, and reconcile credit card, bank account and investment activity.
- Account for complex and alternative investments and reconcile activity to investment statements.
- Close books on a monthly, quarterly, and year-end basis, including posting appropriate journal entries.
- For new client relationships, set up Chart of Accounts, create beginning balance, and assign proper journal entries for investments, accounts payable, and checks that have not cleared.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly/quarterly financial reports.
- Budgeting and cash flow planning for clients.
- Administer charitable giving programs on behalf of clients.
- Communicate with clients, advisors, vendors and team members to deliver exceptional service.
- Coordinate with payroll services and employee benefit providers.
- Assist with the coordination of tax preparation services. Understand how the books and records translate to the tax returns. Participate in tax planning discussions and help prepare supporting schedules.
- Understand client's property insurance program and identify key events which trigger coverage adjustments.
- Assist with tasks and projects related to client estate planning needs.
- Work with team to establish and maintain client operating policies and procedures to ensure accurate reporting and cash management.
- Assist with client billing, accounts receivable, and realization analysis.
- Assist with or perform client research and analysis.
- Maintain supporting schedules, work papers, and electronic and/or paper files.
JOB REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required; Master’s in accounting, CPA preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience; Public or general corporate GL accounting experience required; real estate accounting would be helpful.
- Strong general ledger accounting experience required.
- Proficiency with complex reconciliations, journal entries, and maintaining books and records for multiple entities.
- Strong QuickBooks skills required.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs, particularly Excel.
- Ability to prepare and analyze financial statements.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to interact with clients and advisors in a professional manner.
- Able to independently handle special projects.
- Adhere to high confidentiality and fiduciary standards.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and the ability to organize, prioritize, and execute successfully in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate good judgment and an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Adhere to deadlines and commitments; follow up as needed.
- Desire to participate in and contribute to the growth of a small company.
- Family office experience a plus.
Submit resume, cover letter and salary requirements.
No phone calls, please.
JDJ Family Office Services is an administrative multi-family office created in 2001 to serve affluent individuals and families. JDJ was founded on the premise that as wealth increases, so do day-to-day financial and administrative responsibilities. JDJ simplifies the lives of our clients by managing these responsibilities for them, offering a variety of high-end, confidential, customized, customer-focused services performed by professionals who have an expertise in both finance and administration.
* Required Fields