JOB DESCRIPTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
We are looking for a Controller to join our growing team. This position is a unique combination of hands-on financial activities and strategic advisory role for a dynamic firm.
Every once in a while a unique opportunity comes around and this is it. JDJ Family Office Services is seeking an individual for the position of Controller. If you enjoy doing the day-to-day accounting and financial operations activities while keeping an eye on the bigger picture and having a voice at the table as part of the management team, then this may be for you.
Maybe you've worked for a public accounting firm, and assisted clients with their daily accounting operations, or enjoyed building the accounting function for an early stage company, or had a successful record of progressive experience with a professional services firm and come to realize that you are most effective when you are both performing the critical day-to-day aspects while serving as the go-to person for management decisions regarding growth and innovation.
You've also had a successful track record of 7+ years of experience in a small to medium sized organization where you had a steady growth curve and demonstrated success and hands-on experience with desktop accounting software, such as QuickBooks, Peachtree, Sage or other similar software.
This is a hands-on role requiring both the performance of day-to-day operational functions as well as a strategic advisory role, provide the senior management group with the necessary financial information to continue to make thoughtful business and infrastructure investment decisions. This person will participate in strategic planning initiatives.
The responsibilities will include:
- Manage Corporate Accounting functions, including: oversee Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Corporate reporting
- Work with CPAs to file corporate tax returns
- Lead annual budgeting process
- Manage payroll, including year-end compensation and bonus process
- Manage Employee Benefits Program
- Develop, implement and oversee a thoughtfully designed system for measuring various business metrics such as realization, employee capacity, staffing assignments, client profitability, etc.
- Negotiate various contract renewals including: Vendor contracts for computer support services, office equipment, and other office service providers. Manage banking relationships
- Work with management to design and implement client management policies and procedures, including client contracts and renewals, invoicing practices and cash management controls
- Supervise Corporate Accountant
- Technology Oversight/Implementation
JOB REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
Due to the nature of the services performed, in order to be considered for the position, the candidate must:
- Possess a BS/BA degree.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in accounting and financial services.
- Have experience with project management, technology implementation and operations.
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task, prioritize and delegate.
- Able to lead firm-wide initiatives and gain the trust of a team to move a project forward
- Be a problem solver and a creative thinker.
- Able to handle independently special projects.
- Management and/or supervisory experience preferred.
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel.
- Experience with QuickBooks and Quicken or similar accounting software.
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills.
- Adhere to the highest confidentiality and fiduciary standards.
- Have a desire to participate in and contribute to the growth of a small private company.
- Strong business acumen and understanding of the Company’s finances.
Submit resume, cover letter and salary requirements.
No phone calls, please.
JDJ Family Office Services is an administrative multi-family office created in 2001 to serve affluent individuals and families. JDJ was founded on the premise that as wealth increases, so do day-to-day financial and administrative responsibilities. JDJ simplifies the lives of our clients by managing these responsibilities for them, offering a variety of high-end, confidential, customized, customer-focused services performed by professionals who have an expertise in both finance and administration.
* Required Fields