In honor of the retirement of Doreen M. Biebusch, one of JDJ’s founding partners, JDJ established and made an initial contribution to the JDJ City Fund in Honor of Doreen Biebusch. Thanks to the generous donations of advisors, clients and colleagues who wished to honor Doreen and her illustrious career, the fund raised more than $50,000.
During her 40 years of living and working in Boston, Doreen has seen firsthand the tremendous need that exists, especially in our current health and economic crisis. Doreen selected the following organizations as recipients of these funds to improve the lives of the vulnerable populations in Boston.
We are pleased to announce the following recipients:
- One Family, Inc. offers two programs that directly serve families experiencing or at risk of homelessness: One Family Scholars provides coaching and scholarships to single parents in college, and Credential to Career Coaching helps parents enter careers with family-sustaining wages.
- Massachusetts Affordable Housing Alliance, Inc. This agency educates and mobilizes to increase affordable homeownership opportunities, to break down barriers facing first-time and first‐generation homebuyers, and to close the racial wealth and homeownership gaps.
- Project Place Located in the corner of Peters Park in the South End, this organization promotes a community of hope and opportunity for homeless and low-income individuals by providing the skills, education and resources needed to obtain and sustain employment and housing.
- Victory Programs places individuals and families into permanent housing, provides recovery programs, and connects homeless individuals with services they need to ensure their basic needs are being met.
- Y2Y Harvard Square, the nation’s first youth-led youth homeless shelter, works with service providers, youth experiencing homelessness, and student volunteers to create sustainable pathways out of homelessness and develop skills for long-term success.
- Boston Health Care for the Homeless Program (BHCHP) Located in Boston Medical Center, the organization’s goal is to ensure unconditionally equitable and dignified access to the highest quality health care for all individuals and families experiencing homelessness in our community.
Thank you to those who honored Doreen with a contribution so that we are able to support these worthy organizations.